Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday Check-In, Think It Is Week 11

Hey, it's Tuesday! Which is better than Monday. Although since we have a 4 day weekend coming up what with Easter being so early, it is really Wednesday, sort of.

It was beautiful up here yesterday so i walked downtown to the main library, logged in 6 miles on the pedometer. It felt terrific, but I am really tired today, not used to that. And the walk/runs are down the road a few weeks, as we are getting a lot of rain.

Eating is going well. I have my favorite 5-grain oatmeal/etc. mix in, it has barley and rye flakes and some other things, 1/2 cup dry is 130 calories and 5 grams of fiber. Lovely and filling. I am experimenting with a bit more lean protein, a bit less rice/bread. But nothing so extreme that I get all annoyed and defiant and into the granola bars.

Kashi bars are not bad, they are not very sweet (130 calories, 4 grams fiber). Apples, grapefruit, lentils and brown rice. I genuinely like all that stuff. Of course, that is not all I like, which is where things get a little tricky!

Anyway, I do want to look good this summer and as the weather gets better this seems closer in time, so I think I will be more motivated the better the weather gets.

I am going to go see how you all are doing now - hope everyone is having a good week!

14 comments:

Pattie said...

That cereal sounds yummy! I love all those whole grains. I've been thinking of trying hot cooked barley for breakfast.

Yay for you, walking six miles yesterday! It's amazing what a little sunshine can do for one's exercise motivation, eh?

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Wow, six miles?! Amazing!

HappyBlogChick said...

What a great walk yesterday! Good for you.

I don't have a short week this week. *sigh* I'm so jealous!

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Well done you for clocking-up 6 miles. That's excellent :-)

I don't always relish the thought of exercise, though I always feel great once I have done it. Not to mention a tad virtuous! Haha.

I hope you have a great week, Lidian.

Hugs,

Lins x

Heather said...

I wish it was a 4 day week! unfortunately its a normal work week for me.

you are doing real well, keep it up!

Diana Swallow said...

Six miles is FABULOUS!! Great job!

Your cereal sounds yummy but I can't seem to get past the Kashi Go Lean Crunch addiction right now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lidian,

Just a quickie to wish you and your family, a lovely, lovely Easter weekend!

All the best...

Lins x

Trisaratops said...

6 miles? WOWSA! You're amazing! Good for you. I too am looking forward to the warmer weather. It just seems easier to lose weight when all I have to do is eat cherries and nectarines and drink water. Bring it on!

Trish said...

It was freezing in my part of Ontario yesterday...send the spring weather down! Today...we are suppose to get snow then rain...

I think Mother Nature forgot it was Spring.

Nice walk btw.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lidan,

It sounds like your healthy eating is going well. I am trying again and having some success but I really need to avoid those scales!

Good luck for the week ahead!

Alison
x

Grumpy Chair said...

I miss you!

Hoping you are well.

Anonymous said...

I'll second that I miss you too, I hope you are okay! Alison xxx

Felicia said...

Hope you are doing ok!!

*huggles*
=0)

Brightcetera said...

Hi Lidian! I think of you often and hope everything's well in your world.
Karen