Sunday, March 2, 2008

Random Thoughts

Nothing clever to say, which is probably just as well! I have had an uneven week, some eating was quite good, some not so (can we all say biscuit tin and Saturday night?). But I have been walking everyday, I put the pedometer on first thing in the morning, and that is good.

And I think instead of a new eating plan every week I want to write on Tuesday about working out a basic plan - based on my preferences and what has worked for me in the past - that can work for me for the rest of my life. Because I am going to have to be aware of what I eat and how much I move around, well, forever - that's a good thing, but you do get so tired of it sometimes!

So that means I have one treat per week, the dangling carrot on a stick - or maybe that's a chocolate mint on a stick, hee hee...

Less stressed today - last weekend was SO stressful. It also feels good to start a new month. I am really ready for the snow to go away, and the ice and the slush. I really want to walk/run outside, I know it will make me feel better still.

I am going to reorganize my messy desk today I think. Mess = stress for me, but I am lazy too and do not like cleaning it up! We'll see how it goes...

8 comments:

Hanlie said...

I'm glad the stress has abated somewhat! I know what you mean with mess = stress. I'm exactly the same!

Have a great week!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Like you, I'm going to have to monitor myself forever. (We're kind of like alcoholics that way, aren't we?) But the results are certainly worth it!

Good for you with your pedometer!

Diana Swallow said...

I'm so glad the stress has eased.

I'm just like you, I'm trying to make this a healthy habit for life. I'm trying to train myself to reach for the fruit instead of the candy, to have more veggies instead of bread or other grains. It takes time but the results are priceless and YOU my dear friend are worth that price and much much more.

Anonymous said...

Well done, Lidian for keeping up with the walking even though the eating hasn't always been spot on this past week.

Also, I am glad to hear that your stress levels have dropped!

I do hope that the week ahead will be a good one for you :-)

Lins

Heather said...

great job with the walking, and I think your plan to write about what you are doing that works for you is fantastic. so many people try to do something that doesnt really "fit" them, and its no wonder that those habits cant last forever. finding something that works for you and your life is what matters most.

Lora said...

Mess is definately stress and stress isn't good. When my house is messy - my life is messy. Go figure!

Pattie said...

Great job on the walking! And you remind me: my pedometer is sitting in a drawer, collecting cobwebs. I think I'll dust it off and start wearing it again.

Mess = Stress. Amen to that!

KrisR said...

Hey Lidian,
How are you doing? Drop me a line if you get a chance...miss you!